Target Your Wellbeing
The definition of Well-being is the state of being comfortable, healthy, or happy. Sounds good doesn’t it! What would you say yours looks like? Like many others, I see my own personal Wellbeing as work in progress. Because it can always be improved.
However I often find myself only working on my well-being when I feel down, or rubbish. I think about what I can change or do to make myself feel happy. This is very common, I’m sure you will agree. Although it’s a brilliant thing to do; to turn a rubbish state of mind around, when we aren’t feeling too good. Why don’t we work on our well-being when we things are going well, we are feeling good, when we are happy?
Today on #WorldMentalHealthDay we at Minds Matter want to encourage working on your well-being as part of your daily routine…
Lets start with the five ways of Wellbeing:
• Give – this can be as little or as big as you like. Smile at people. Give 5 compliments throughout your day. Give support to a friend or work colleague who’s struggling.
• Be active – You don’t all have to immediately join the gym, why not have a little walk on your lunch. Book that yoga class you’ve been meaning to for a while.
• Take notice – This is all about being mindful no matter where you are. Take time to think about your surrounds. Notice the birds in the trees, hear laughter on your train ride to work.
• Connect – Reach out to someone you haven’t spoken to in a while. Maybe instead of watching tv or being on your phone this evening suggest a board game with the family.
• Keep learning – Crack open that book. Take up a new hobby. Have a chat and learn from the people around you.
Make a conscious effort to include these in your everyday routine, notice the positive changes in your life that can make you happy.
Give this a share! It may be just what someone you know needs on this #WorldMentalHealthDay
#Mindsmatter #mindsmattermoment #mindsmattermovement